A&D Strategies and Opportunities
September 9-10, 2015
Dallas, Texas
The Ritz-Carlton Hotel
Register Featured Sponsors
Meagher Energy AdvisorsOil & Gas Asset ClearinghouseNetherland, Sewell & Associates (NSAI)Holland ServicesTudor Pickering HoltKayne Anderson Energy FundsCredit AgricoleEnergy NetJefferiesUS Energy Dev. Corp.Steptoe & JohnsonEnCap Investments
Porter HedgesAlliantMacquarie BankThe Carlyle GroupNichols Energy ServicesEnergy SpectrumTGSPetroleum StrategiesIOG CapitalRiley ExplorationDerrickCessnaLantana Energy AdvisorsRaymond JamesUBS
Hosted By
Oil and Gas InvestorUnconventional Oil & Gas CenterA&D
Conference

Learn more about the A&D Strategies and Opportunities conference and workshop.

Finding the A&D Sweet Spot
Building a sustainable advantage

While the world waits for oil prices to stabilize, the A&D community is lining up billions of dollars to invest when the time is right. Whether or not recent multi-billion dollar deals with Noble Energy and Shell will signal the next wave of mergers and acquisitions remains to be seen. But one thing is for sure – BD executives are on the search for deals that give their companies a strategic advantage in North America's prolific plays. And larger, well-capitalized companies are poised to leverage their equity position to acquire smaller, financially distressed companies. Where will you be when the next wave of deals takes place?

This September, the 14th annual A&D Strategies and Opportunities conference and workshop will unite 500+ BD executives, A&D professionals and industry analysts in Dallas for two days of networking, deal making and interactive conference sessions. Widely regarded as a catalyst for initiating some of the industry's biggest deals, this is the ONE event you can't afford to miss! Click here to view photos from the 2014 event.

A&D–The Workshop and Shark Tank – Back by popular demand!
Wednesday, September 9

WorkshopThe day before the conference, roll up your sleeves and get into the action at the 2015 A&D–The Workshop! This uniquely-interactive pre-conference workshop gives upstream business development newcomers, veterans and financial partners alike hands-on experience applying todays successful A&D tactics. Get a first-hand look at the nuances of deal making (including types of transactions, seller expectations and negotiating tactics). Plus, hear directly from top industry professionals throughout the workshop. Click here to view the 2015 Workshop agenda.

Secure your seat to the A&D Strategies and Opportunities conference & workshop today!

News

EnCap Avoids Acquisitions In Soft A&D Market, Captures Talent Instead
The future of M&A may be in its run-and-gun past, according to private equity firm EnCap Investments LP. In 2001, 78% of EnCap’s Fund IV was aimed at the acquisition and exploitation of plays. The remaining 22% was devoted to low-risk drilling. But EnCap has a history of changing with market dynamics. By 2013, the priorities for its Fund IX were flipped—76% of capital went toward low-risk drilling and 24% to acquisition and exploitation, said Scott R. Smetko, director, in a webcast at EnerCom’s Oil &Gas Conference.

French E&P Maurel & Prom Will Reacquire Former Nigeria Unit
Maurel & Prom said deal, due to be completed in December, would add Nigeria to its Gabon and Tanzania operations, giving it presence in three key sub-Saharan producers, Reuters said.